Michael Mulei Mutava
Michael Mutava Mulei is an Applied Economist with experience in Trade, Capital Markets and Regional Integration. He is a research fellow at the New South Institute. He studied at Kenyatta University in Kenya for undergrad and University of Cape Town in South Africa for his master’s degree. He was the second runner up at the 2016-2017, Capital Markets Inter-University competition in Kenya. He was a consultant at the Africa Institute for Policy Analysis and Economic Integration working for COMESA as well as a Project Coordinator at the Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance in Cape Town South Africa. He has worked for the government of Kenya through the Capital Markets Authority, in product research and implementation of the CMA master plan. Mutava is a Master-Card scholar and is interested in the role of finance in economic integration.
- Mutava, M. (2023). An analysis of trends and patterns of migration in Africa (pp. 1-54). Johannesburg: New South Institute. Retrieved from https://nsi.org.za/publications/analysis-trends-patterns-migration-africa/
- Mulei, M. (2019). Derivatives and Economic Growth in South Africa: Lessons for Kenya (Master’s thesis). University of Cape Town. http://hdl.handle.net/11427/31049
- Mulei, M. (2023, November 1). Let’s back free movement in Africa for Africans. Nairobi Business Monthly, 11(8). https://nsi.org.za/news/advocating-for-free-movement-in-africa-insights-michael-mutava-milei/
- Mulei, M. (2023, August 8). Urgently address macro-economic gaps to stop the capital haemorrhage. Nairobi Business Monthly. https://www.nairobibusinessmonthly.com/urgently-address-macro-economic-gaps-to-stop-the-capital-haemorrhage/
- Mulei, M. (2020, January 7). The dark horse in scrapping of interest rate capping. Nairobi Business Monthly. https://www.nairobibusinessmonthly.com/the-dark-horse-in-scrapping-of-interest-rate-capping/